Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Been too long!











Hi Ho Everyone! Foz the B here! Sorry it has been such a long time...we have had some challenges and I think mom is finally getting back to being able to talk about things. You see...we were going along great...then I went in for an MRI to see how my back was doing. I am told my spinal cord is really thin and arched where the top of my spinal column is missing. Mom says it was pretty wild to look at. Mom's birthday was on February 20th and we had fun. Then the next day I don't know what happened...I couldn't walk...I was having accidents and mom was so sad. It was a big down for us and we basically had to start all over again. The good news is I already knew how to walk, but I just couldn't. I was very frustrated...mom was sleeping on the floor with me...I could hear her crying...made me sad. I didn't mean to do whatever happened...mom said she knew it wasn't my fault...but I don't like seeing her sad. Over the next month I was on prednisone and mom found this great natural pain medication for me, it is by Resources and it is called Pain Plus...mom calls them my happy pills and I do recommend them. Tramadol upsets my tummy and then I don't eat and mom worries. Once I was starting to move around a bit Mom took me to Renee...she is a great physical therapist. We started out doing a bunch of exercises to strengthen my core and rear end. Then I was put on the treadmill...I wasn't a fan, but now I am up to 20 minutes on my own! It has been tough, but I am really feeling good again. I am back to running around, carrying my ball and playing with my favorite brother Donnie. Donnie is a long term Labradors and Friends foster...he had distemper and now has a permanent muscle twitch and seizures. I hope he is okay...I love him. About 6 weeks ago my mom took in a new medical foster (like I am not enough! lol) named Rosie. (I asked mom to post a picture of her too) I like her...she is an older lab...mom says 6...she had a badly broken leg. We will be going to Renee together starting on July 2nd. I am excited...I will get to show off...I am really good on the treadmill now and she will just be starting! Mom took me swimming on Saturday...guess what? I have grown! My small jacket didn't fit...mom ordered me a medium today so we can swim this weekend. I love swimming with mom...she takes great care of me. I am glad mom is happy again and let's me use the computer...it would have been hard to write sooner...I am sorry. Oh, I still love cream cheese...I don't get pills anymore, but mom still gives me some as a treat. Oh, you know what else I LOVE? Bananas and blueberries! I know...now I eat my fruits too! Mom says I am the best bear...love mom...oh, I also had a birthday and I have been with mom for over a year now...it has been a crazy year, but I am so happy to be here! I promise to write more soon and let everyone know how Rosie and I do with Renee! Licks, Tail Wags and Nuzzles...Fozzie B

No comments:

Post a Comment